It is the mission of the Office of the Administrator to manage Otsego County government as directed by the Board of Commissioners to support our operations and provide efficient services to our citizens.
Overview & Function
The County Administrator is appointed by the Board of Commissioners to implement Board policies, to oversee the daily activities of the County, to serve as the Chief Executive Officer, and to supervise non-elected County departments/functions. The Office of the County Administrator has two full time employees. The County Administration offices include the offices of Human Resources and Finance, providing full administrative, financial and personnel support to the Board of Commissioners, elected officials and employees, and assisting the public with Freedom of Information Act (PDF) inquiries and general information dissemination.
The Administrator's Office is responsible for:
- Assisting the Board in meeting identified goals
- Developing agenda items for the Board of Commissioners
- Developing procedures to accompany board approved policies
- Management of county personnel, including negotiation of union and employment contracts
- Conducting program, departmental, and management analysis
- Providing general administrative support
Goals of Otsego County Administration:
- Implement the initiatives identified by the Board of Commissioners
- Monitor, maintain and improve the county's long term fiscal condition
- Promote continuous organizational improvement
- Communicate important information in a timely manner