To legally own and use a firearm, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be at least 18 years of age. You should note however, that you must be at least 21 years of age if you are purchasing the firearm from a firearms dealer. You may purchase a handgun from a private individual, if you are at least 18 but under 21 years of age.
- If you have ever been convicted of a Felony, you will not be eligible.
- If you have any criminal cases pending against you or old cases without a court disposition, you will not be eligible.
- If you have any court orders that state you may not purchase or own a firearm, you will not be eligible.
- You must present valid picture identification showing your current address. We will not accept expired identifications.